Yorkton Bantam A Tournament 2019 (Jan. 11-13)
Friday, January 11, 2019 to Sunday, January 13, 2019
JANUARY, 2019 YORKTON BANTAM TOURNAMENT RULES
2019 Tournament Rules
- This tournament is a SHA sanctioned tournament and all SHA rules shall apply
- All teams will be guaranteed 3 games.
- Minor penalties will be 2 minutes during stop time and 3 minutes during straight time
- Any player assessed a game misconduct will be suspended as per HC and SHA rulings. If the game misconduct is assessed in the last 10 minutes of the game, the player will receive an additional one game suspension.
- Any player assessed a match penalty or gross misconduct will be suspended from the tournament.
- The referee's decision(s) are final in all matters pertaining to rule interpretations, assessment of penalties and awarding of goals and assists. All tournament committee decisions are final. Protests will not be allowed.
- There will be a 5 minute warm up allowed.
- There will be 2 X 15 minutes and 1 X 20 minute periods. All periods will be stop time. If one team is up by 5 goals in the 3rd period, a mercy rule will allow the clock to run straight time for the balance of the game.
- Ice cleaning will be done after period 2 and after each game throughout the tournament. The teams will remain on the ice between the periods when the ice is not resurfaced. At that time the officials will allow a 2 minute rest.
- Coaches are to ensure their teams are ready to play at least 45 minutes prior to their respective game time. Tardiness will result in the reduction of warm up time for that team.
- The team on the top side of the draw will be the HOME team and will wear WHITE jerseys and the VISITORS will wear DARK jerseys. The tournament committee will resolve any conflicts.
- Sudden death tie breaking format: 3 Skaters and 1 goaltender per team until one side scores.
YORKTON MINOR HOCKEY ADHERES TO A STRICT ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY AT ALL FACILITIES