Yorkton Bantam Tournament
Friday, December 13, 2019 to Sunday, December 15, 2019
2019 Yorkton Bantam B Tournament Rules
- This tournament is an S.H.A. sanctioned tournament.
- All games in this tournament will be governed by H.C. and S.H.A. rules and regulations
- All teams will be guaranteed three games.
- Minor penalties will be 2 minutes during stop time, and 3 minutes during straight time.
- Any player assessed a game misconduct will be suspended as per HC and SHA rulings. If the game misconduct is assessed in the last 10 minutes of the game, the player will receive an additional one game suspension.
- Any player or team official assessed a match penalty or gross misconduct will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
- The referee's decisions are final in all matters pertaining to rule interpretations, assessment of penalties and awarding of goals and assists.
- All tournament Committee decisions are final. Protests will not be allowed!
GAMES WILL BE MADE UP AS FOLLOWS:
- There will be a 5 minute warm-up allowed.
- All games will be 2 X 15 minute and 1 X 20 minute stop time periods.
- If one team is up by 5 goals in the 3rd period, a mercy rule will allow the clock to run straight time for the remainder of the game.
- Ice cleaning will be done at the end of every second period of play throughout the tournament. The teams will remain on the ice in between periods when the ice is not being cleaned. At that time the officials will allow a 2 minute rest.
- Coaches are to ensure their teams are ready to play at least 30 minutes prior to their respective game time. If the ice is available, game times will start earlier than scheduled. Rink Captains will contact coaches if an earlier ice time is available. Tardiness will result in the reduction of warm up time for that team.
- The top team on the draw will be designated the HOME team and will wear white jerseys. The VISITORS will wear dark jerseys. The tournament committee will resolve any conflicts.
- One 5 minute stop-time 3 on 3 sudden death period.
- If no winner decided after the overtime period, a sudden death shootout will occur
- Three shooters for each team, most points win.
- If still tied, Alternate Shooters from each team until a winner is decided. Each player on the team roster must be used before any player can shoot again.
- Home team will be decided by the flip of a coin.
*Please note that a game's period length or stop/straight time are subject to change at the discretion of the tournament committee in attempts of ensure the tournament remains on schedule. If your game has a change, the coaching staff for each team will be notified by the rink captain prior to the game starting.
SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY IS OF THE ESSENCE DURING THE TOURNAMENT.